Thursday, June 26, 2008

Updates at Writer's Corner

Since the previous admin deleted his page, I have taken over the adminship here at Writer's Corner. I have had admittedly limited time to spend at this group, but now I'm interested in organizing some activities.

Are any of you familiar with Picture Perfect? They post a theme on Wednesday of every week and by Friday, people submit original photography for a contest. If we were to do something similar here, we would give more time, hopefully for submitting one you've written in the past.

Second, I'd like to have long term competitions per form. For example, we'd have a long-term short story contest, poetry contest, satire contest, etc. The topic would ideally be of the writer's choosing.

A third feature that could be possible is various weeks throughout the year, like "Poem Week" "Haiku Week" "Mystery Week" "Romance Week" etc, which wouldn't be competition oriented.

I'm also toying with the idea of expanding Writer's Corner to include different mediums like original music, videos, and especially photography.

I'm open to any and all thoughts on where to go from here.

Ze Baron

No comments: