Thursday, March 20, 2008

LENT

Well, Lent is nearly over. I say that because I have a question for you folks.

I gave up some things for Lent, like drinking the can of Mt. Dew I had most days after the daily grind. When can I start indulging again?

Now, Lent is 40 days long, like the time that Jesus spent in the desert and the time the Israelites roamed. From Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday, not counting Sundays, is 40 days.

But, I've been reading online. Some people say it's the Last Supper, some say the beginning of the Triduum (which is essentially the Last Supper), some say Saturday night before Easter, some say Easter.

One of the things I was reading was a thread with posters all over the board. The toss-up seems to be between Easter and Holy Thursday.

I'm looking for both opinions and links to reputable sources.

-Ze Baron

No comments: