Saturday, February 2, 2008

DEATH PENALTY APPLIED

I'm going to do a case example of someone, who, in my mind deserves the death penalty (assuming his confession is true and there is proof beyond all doubt.)

Father Of Murdered Baby In Houston Confesses

The father of a 3-month-old boy who was found murdered near the Galveston, Texas, seawall turned himself into police in Pennsylvania, saying he intentionally murdered the boy by repeatedly stomping on him.

Travis Mullis told Pennsylvania investigators he repeatedly stomped on the 3-month-old until he felt his skull collapse, according to an official Galveston Police Department document.

Mullis turned himself in Friday afternoon, where his bond was set at $1 million, police said at a Friday night news conference.

(Emphasis mine.)

Do you see? He confessed, telling PA investigators that he stomped on the skull until he felt it collapse! That's unspeakable. It's just...

I saw this on my friend Mav's blog. He first blogged about it when they found the baby. He did a follow up when they caught this man. I just could not believe what the man said about stomping until he felt the skull collapse... that is just too much for me. I can't even imagine doing that to a dog or a cat...

Things like this just make me wonder... where, if not in a case like this, is the death penalty appropriate?

It's all fine and dandy when we're talking hypothetically about abortion and the death penalty. Now, when he committed what could be called his own version of abortion, does he deserve the death penalty?

This man obviously has no conscience. Things like these justify my cynicism.

-Ze Baron

No comments: