Thursday, April 17, 2008

Changes in "World Languages: Language Exchange"

Hello group members,

I have been a member of this group for a while now. Every time I came here to poke around or make a comment, I've noticed little things that I thought could be done to make this group a better place. After thinking it over, I asked the groups founder, vilius, if I could be appointed to admin position to help him out with the group. He gladly accepted my invitation.

About myself... in October 2007, I founded a group here on Multiply the day after I set up my first account. Now, exactly six months later, the group has over 1,900 members. I feel that I'm qualified to admin here at World Languages.

Don't worry, the group will remain fundamentally the same. You will, however, be seeing changes every time you come back to the group in the coming weeks. The first change I have made is to restrict the use of blogs to admin only. That is standard policy in a lot of large and successful groups like User Support, Multiply Customized Themes, Multiply Design, and my group, among others. Unless further reason presents itself, no further restrictions will be placed on what content can be posted. The reason this is done is to provide the "official" and most relevant information in the group, with members content located separately so members can find exactly what they want more quickly.

Anyway, I am glad to be able to help admin at this group. If you have any concerns about this group, PM me or vilius but please realize I will defer to him. Suggestions are most gratefully appreciated.

-Ze Baron

No comments: