Tuesday, January 8, 2008

RECENT REFUGEES MAINTENANCE

As some of you may or may not have noticed, our Refugee count dropped from 1994 to the current 1825.

When someone opens and account and joins a group, be it Refugees, MUDS, User Support, and then deletes their account, record of that account still shows up in the group list. If I would delete my account, you would see in the member list "XXXX zebaron Admin", which are my name, ID, and position.

That record remains in the members list indefinently, and still counts as a member, even though there is no account there. What I did tonight was I went through the members list, removing all the dead accounts. That is why our members total dropped so dramatically.

On a side note, Groups don't have "badges" like individual pages do here on Multiply. Soon, hopefully this weekend, I will be creating an artificial badge that you can embed that'll direct people here for answers to their questions, and as always, fellowship. Of course, it won't be as fancy as Multiply's, but it will look neat, I promise.

-Ze Baron

No comments: