Wednesday, January 30, 2008

REMOVING POSTS FROM INBOX

Many users have contacts or groups that occasionally post content that doesn't quite interest them. That happens to me too. I am not interested in every post by all my contacts or in all my groups (though, I have read every post in Refugees, to my knowledge.) The best way to get that content out of you inbox is to "x" it off. Here's a quick tutorial:




Basically, the green arrow points to the envelope. When this option is engauged, you will receive an email alert for every comment to that blog. The blue arrow points to the pushpin, used to pin items to the top of your inbox so you don't miss them. The red arrow points to the "X," the feature we'll be atlking about.

Simply clicking the "X" for any posts permanently (yes, that means forever) removes the post from your inbox, and you won't receive further updates on it. If you don't have those three icons there, follow these instructions:


First, scroll to the top of your inbox, and it should look something like mine there. Click "Preferences," where the green arrow is pointing.



This is a screenshot of what it should look like. Put a check mark in "Show 'Subscribe,' 'Pin,' and 'Remove' links for each item" Head back to your inbox. It should look like the first screenshot at the top.


Here's another screenshot. This one has "Pin" and "Subscribe" checked. I'm not about to click on the "X" as I don't want to "X" off my guestbook!

If you are coming across content you're not interested in, just "X" it off and it won't pester you. That's the best route for keeping your inbox clean and tidy.

-Ze Baron

No comments: