Thursday, November 22, 2007

A NEW WORD

I think too much -- it's official.

I suppose this new word has been thought of already, but I'll throw it into the arena:

governmentality (n.) [guh-VERN-ment-AL-ity.] -- Mentality of politicians whose ideas don't translate well into the real world.

Beverly and I were discussing daylight savings time. See, I bought a clock that automatically changes itself -- not an atomic clock, though. I bought this clock a year before Congress changed the laws so that Daylight Savings Time was moved by two weeks. Now my auto-changing clock only changes two weeks after everyone else. I refuse to change the clock manually. I'll change it back, then two weeks it'll move back another hour, and I'll have to move it forward. That's not how it works!

Beverly and I came to the conclusion that Daylight Savings Time has outlived its purpose. It gets dark here around 5:00 PM... what a damper for your day.

-Ze Baron

No comments: