Saturday, December 15, 2007

BABY SHOWER!

Yes, well, as I've said before, traditionally, men don't go to baby showers, let alone host them... but this isn't an ordinary baby shower! This is the best of all baby showers combined!

I had first met my friend Jamie at the Historical Characters Ball. On 360, she was known as Aurora. She came as Marilyn Monroe, much to my delight! Oh, the antics of that ball...

As it happens, Jamie apparently has never had a baby shower, despite having kids prior this daughter. Kat and Momma Dish asked me, such as a Baron, to host one for our mutual friend. Despite having to cancel on some very famous people just to have the night to spend online (who am I kidding, I'm sick!), I readily agreed.

Kat and I discussed the possibility of a invitation. I thought it was a great idea, and Kat suggested I do it since she doesn't have Photoshop. After repeated reminders as the date drew nearer, I did some internet surfing for some basic materials and designed one myself. This is how it came out...




I was very pleased with how it turned out, as in the past, I haven't had the best experiences with Photoshop. Yesterday I plastered it on all of Jamie's friends pages (sorry) and I sent out PMs regarding this event and the Christmas Ball, so I'm glad to see you got the word!

Welcome to the shower. You'll find a nice place here to drop off your gifts for the mother-to-be. To drop off your foodstuffs and sample those brought by others, I suggest you come by this blog here. Of course, you can "Ooh" and "Ahh" over what everyone got Jamie, and then you can eat to your heart's content, but remember to come back here for the party!

(I figured that the notorious chocolate fountian might not be all that appropriate here... but it can be brought out if it comes to that!)

-Ze Baron


No comments: