Thursday, December 20, 2007

TSK TSK TSK

Well, another starlet has gotten knocked up.

Yes, you've probably heard it. Jamie Lynn Spears, kid sister to our beloved Brit. Jamie Lynn is the star of "Zoey 101" on Nick. Jamie Lynn has most of her career based around her wholesomeness, much like the cast of High School Musical (Vanessa Hudgens, anyone?)

Not much of a deal, except that Jamie Lynn is only 16. I believe I have read that the age of consent in Lousiana, the state where the actors are from the and the, uhh, act was committed. Jamie Lynn's boyfriend, a Casey Aldridge, is 19. Yes, he's three years older... and an adult. This is statuatory rape.

I'm fascinated by this debacle.

I doubt that he is going to be charged with rape. The couple's been together for three years, and it takes two to tango. Another interesting prospect is that Jamie Lynn's chosen to keep the baby, rather than have an abortion.

Ms. Spears, the mother, or in this case, grandmother, had a book planned about raising two high-profile daughters. Bwhaha! Well, guess what, she sucks at it. Kinda reminds me of OJ Simpson's book, really. Don't people think anymore?

I have this odd feeling that Jamie Lynn's life is going to fall apart, like her sisters. It's really terrible. She's 16, she has her whole life ahead of her, and now she is a mother to this baby. Now, I'm not meaning to be condemning at all, but I would think that someone who's presumably making the money that she's making and has the career that she's making would make choices that would further the money and job opportunities.

I searched all my usual news sources for this -- Yahoo! News, Fox News, and BBC. I also get news from CNN and Google News, but I didn't feel the need to go that extensive. It should be noted that I regularly read Al Jazeera English, and I searched their site, and they have nothing on their site about this. Glad that someone's got their ducks in a line... even if they're from the Middle East.

-Ze Baron

More:

Yahoo! News 1
Yahoo! News 2
BBC
FOX

On a semi-unrelated story:
"Teacher Arrested After Offering Good Grades For Oral Sex"
I know people that could pass that class! (That's a joke, folks...)

-Ze Baron

No comments: